It takes me between 4 hours (for a Dublin Cap) to 18+ hours (for an Imperial). I sew
Design work adds an additional few days, and sourcing materials for special requests can add additional time. It also takes a lot of time to process recycled materials - from sourcing to breaking down garments, laundering and inspecting the processed textiles for suitability. Recycling is more time intensive than simply buying yardage at a fabric store, but you end up with a more unique and sustainable piece of sustainable fashion.
You are ordering a one-of-a-kind hat from reclaimed materials which will not be identical to the photos on my website. I will confirm the details of your order before I make your hat, and will gladly send fabric swatches before you place your order.
What types of payment do you accept?
I accept payment online in U.S. funds via PayPal, and by check or money order via the US Mail. Please provide your correct billing address and phone number to avoid delays with your order. I will only contact you by phone if I am unable to do so by email.
Do you accept international orders?
No, I'm sorry, my hats are only available within the US (including Alaska and Hawaii).
Do you have a return policy?Yes, you may return your hat via US Mail or UPS Ground within 30 days for alteration, exchange or refund. I will reimburse you for shipping up to $10.
Do you guarantee your work?
Yes, I guarantee my work for 5 years from purchase for damage due to normal wear and tear. Excessive wear or abuse is not covered under this warranty. I also offer refurbishing services for hats "off warranty" or which have been heavily damaged (most often by pets), please contact me for details.
Do custom hats cost more than the one-of-a-kinds that you have in stock?
Notifications and Privacy
I prefer email correspondence and will only call you if I cannot reach you by email or Instant Messenger. I respect your privacy and do not share your information with others. I NEVER ask for your credit card information. PayPal and any other third party payment systems you find on this site have their own privacy policies and data collection practices. Neither I nor my company are responsible for the actions of third party service providers.
Again, I NEVER ask for your credit card or bank information. If you receive a request from me for your financial information, I encourage you to capture the phone number or email address and report it to me, so I can contact the Federal Trade Commission.
This site is hosted by 3DCart on a secure server which protects your information by encryption and firewalls. "Cookies" are used to track your session so that you may retrieve your shopping cart at any time until you leave my site.
Charitable giving is an important part of my mission. I have donated a percentage of my sales (not profits) for several years to a rotating list of my favorite non-profits. In 2018 I decided that you should direct where that percentage goes; you may now select a non-profit from the drop-down list on my check-out page. If you wish to learn more about these organizations or make a donation directly, those links are below:
- World Central Kitchen - Changing the world through the eyes of a chef. As chefs, our work in the kitchen improves health, increases education rates, provides career skills, and creates food businesses.
- 500 Women Scientists - on a mission to become the foremost organization for the transformation of leadership, diversity, and public engagement in science.
- Chief Seattle Club - providing a sacred space to nurture and renew the spirit of urban homeless/low income Indigenous peoples in Seattle. The Club offers a variety of services ranging from hot meals and laundry service, to housing and legal assistance and cultural/spiritual activities.
- The Nature Conservancy - conserving the lands and waters upon which all life depends.
- Southern Poverty Law Center - fighting hate, teaching tolerance, seeking justice in the United States.
- Doctors Without Borders - delivering emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care worldwide.
- American Library Association -founded in 1876 to provide leadership for the development, promotion and improvement of library and information services and the profession of librarianship in order to enhance learning and ensure access to information for all.
- International Rescue Committee - helping people in international crises to survive, recover and regain control of their future through resettlement and other programs.
- Planned Parenthood - delivering reproductive health care and sex education for the past 100 years.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America - providing safe places for kids and teens to develop essential skills, make connections and have fun. Safe kids stay in school, are more physically active, and become volunteers in their community. Invest in those who will be leaders of tomorrow.
Images and content on this site are the property of Heather Daveno and August Phoenix ©2000-2019. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Copyright infringement may result in criminal or civil penalties. I reserve the right to make changes to this site and these Conditions at any time ...