Welcome to The Nest!
The Nest is my repository of journals and papers. If I've written it, you will find it here.
Historica Tractatu houses my scholarly works, mostly relating to my medieval studies of Mongolian warfare, European herbology and Chinese embroidery. I have removed the copyrights on my works to allow them to be shared more freely, though I appreciate being credited on those shares.
have heavily influenced my hatmaking, and are the 'back story' behind many of my designs.
- It's a Wrap!
- Thank You All
- Block Printing and its impact on textile and book arts
- Moroccan Epilogue
- The High Atlas Mountains in Morocco
- From Ouarzazate to Taroudant, and a GPS Fail
- A race, a fortress, and the Atlas Film Studios
- Kasbah Ait Ben Moro and a Berber carpet shop
- To Tinghir and Tomboctou
- Into the Red Dunes
- Monkeys, a White Horse, and a Kasbah
- Fez Day 2 - a tile factory, a cemetery and a souk.
- Fez - Volubilis and broken things ...
- My Morocco Tour - Casablanca to Rabat
- Welcome to Casablanca!
- Morocco At Last
- Pro-bono projects - and Morocco!
- Making a Tibetan Maikhan
- The Stitchery Series Part V - Applique and Other Decoration
- The Stitchery Series Part IV - Symbolism in Chinese Embroidery
- The Stitchery Series Part III - Embroidery Stitches
- The Stitchery Series Part II – Tools and Techniques
- The Stitchery Series Part I - History and Fibers
- Andalucia 2012 - Granada's Albayzin District
- Andalucia 2012 - Granada and the Alhambra
- Andalucia 2012 - The Alcazar and Surrounds
- Andalucia 2012 - The Jewish Quarter
- Andalucia 2012 - Cordoba and the Mezquita
- Andalucia 2012 - Toledo
- Names from the Secret History of the Mongols
- Reconstructing an Ulan Baator Boot
Posted by Heather Daveno on 10/4/2015 to Travels in Spain
Posted by Heather Daveno on 10/1/2015 to Travels in Spain
In spite of his suggestion, I arrive an hour early for my next destination - Granada and the famous Moorish Red Fortress known as the Alhambra...
Posted by Heather Daveno, edited 2019, originally posted on 9/27/2015 to Travels in Spain
Posted by Heather Daveno on 9/24/2015 to Travels in Spain
Soon I arrive at a labyrinth of streets known as the Jewish Quarter.
Posted by Heather Daveno on 9/20/2015 to Travels in Spain